Mhairi Main Garcia is vice-chair of the board of the Clean Energy Business Council.
A practising lawyer, Ms. Main Garcia is a partner in the energy and infrastructure team of international law firm Dentons. She advises sponsors, lenders, contractors and public sector clients in numerous jurisdictions across the Middle East, Africa, Asia and Europe. Ms. Main Garcia has a passion for renewables and clean energy. She focuses in particular on advising on corporate and commercial aspects of renewables projects, including solar (PV and CSP), wind and waste-to- energy, in addition to advising on conventional power, water, wastewater and district cooling projects. Some of her recent experience includes advising on:
- DEWA phase IV CSP independent power project in Dubai;
- Bids for DEWA phase 2 and phase 3 PV independent power projects in Dubai;
- The Shams Ma’an PV independent power project in Jordan;
- The Fujeij Wind independent power project in Jordan;
- A bid for the Sakaka independent power project in Saudi Arabia;
- The Ouarzazate (Noor I), Noor II and Noor III CSP independent power projects in Morocco;
- A bid for the Sweihan PV independent power project in Abu Dhabi; and
- The Kabd waste to energy project in Kuwait.
Ms. Main Garcia is admitted as an attorney in the State of New York and a solicitor in England and Wales.